I stole this recipe from Blue Apron. My mom gets the meals delivered to her, and one day I was on the phone with her when looking for new recipes, she mentioned this one and I had to try it. Nathan liked it loads better than I did, but it’s still pretty good.
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 garlic cloves
1 stalk rhubarb
¾ pound fingerling potatoes
½ bunch asparagus
1 bunch thyme
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp honey
¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 425
- Halve the potatoes length wise
- Cut off ends of the asparagus & cut into thirds at an angle
- Thinly slice rhubarb crosswise
- Place potatoes, whole thyme sprigs, and unpeeled garlic cloves on a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt & pepper, toss to thoroughly coat. Arrange in a single, even layer, with the potatoes cut side down on 1 side of the sheet pan.
- Roast 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned, leaving the oven on, remove the roasted veggies from the oven.
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt & pepper on both sides.
- In a medium pan, heat 2 tsp of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the seasoned chicken and cook 5-7 minutes per side or until browned and cooked through. Leaving any browned bits in the pan, transfer to a cutting board and set aside in a warm place.
- Place asparagus in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Toss to thoroughly coat. Put asparagus on the other side of the sheet pan in a single layer. Return to the oven and roast 5-7 minutes or until asparagus is lightly browned and the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Remove from the oven and carefully discard the thyme sprigs.
- Heat pan on medium-high heat until hot. Add garlic, rhubarb, and vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently and scraping any fond from the bottom of the pan. 1-2 minutes or until the rhubarb is softened.
- Add the honey and ¼ cup water. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Turn off the heat and add the butter, stir until melted.
- Slice the chicken into 1 inch strips.
- Serve and enjoy!
Makes 2 servings